Programme For an Inclusive Municipal Leadership – PLMI, Tunisia
PLMI is a programme initiated by the Canadian Federation of Municipalities with the support of Global Affairs Canada and implemented in Tunisia by CILG-VNG International. It deliberately focuses on the capacity of women in the management of local affairs and of national institutions and municipalities to make public services meet the needs and potential of women and girls in eight target municipalities namely: " Menzel Abderrahmane – Fondok Jedid- Seltene – Nabeul – Ain Sobh Nadhour – Tabarka – El Marja – Sidi Bourouis - Hammam-Chatt."
PLMI is committed to supporting women and civil society groups, including women's organizations, to create a gender-friendly environment for the practice and management of the city. It provides special support to newly elected women and their male allies, to influence the policies adopted by municipalities for an inclusive democracy, and an efficient and effective allocation of municipal resources.
It operates with various governmental bodies and the National Federation of Tunisian Cities to develop a favorable context to conduct inclusive local governance and to capitalize on lessons learned and good practices derived from previous local interventions and institutionalize them.
1. Support the efforts and build the capacity of national institutions, National Federation of Tunisian Cities and municipalities to endorse women's leadership and ensure that public services best meet the needs and potential of women and girls in target Tunisian municipalities.
2.Strengthen women's leadership in local decision-making processes in 8 municipalities and contribute to creating an enabling a friendly environment for women both elected and citizens in the practice and management of the city.
3.Provide special support to newly elected women and their male allies to influence the policies designed and adopted by municipalities.
4.Capitalize on lessons learned and good practices from interventions made in the eight partner municipalities to institutionalize them.
Starting Date: April 30, 2019
End Date : june 30, 2022
Status : Ongoing
- Canadian Federation of Municipalities - FCM
- National Federation of Tunisian Cities - FNVT
- Ministry of Women, Family, Childhood and the Elderly
- Centre for Research, Studies, Documentation and Information on Women – CREDIF
- Ministry of Local Affairs and Environment
Areas of Expertise
- Women Leadership
- Inclusive Local Governance
- Integration of Gender in Municipal Planning
- Particiapatory Democracy